- 1.5 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp wheat germ
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup applesauce
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Lightly whisk egg in a smaller bowl and then add the other wet ingredients
- Add wet ingredient mixture into dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Add 1/4 tsp almond extract and 1/2 cup chopped dried mangoes
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 way full
- Cook at 350 for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean