- 1.5 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp wheat germ
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup applesauce
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Lightly whisk egg in a smaller bowl and then add the other wet ingredients
- Add wet ingredient mixture into dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Add 1/4 tsp almond extract and 1/2 cup chopped dried mangoes
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 way full
- Cook at 350 for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- 75g milk chocolate, broken up
- 24 dried mango slices (about 150g)
- 50g dark chocolate (no more than 50% cocoa solids), broken up
Used: Dried Mangoes
Method of preparation:
Mix the dry ingredients – flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and wheat germ – in a large bowl.
In a smaller bowl, lightly whisk the eggs, then pour it into the other ingredients – milk, applesauce and oil.
Add the contents of the small bowl in a large bowl and mix all well connected.
Add to the resulting mass of 1/4 teaspoon almond extract and 1/2 cup finely chopped dried mango.
Lay out the mixture into molds for cupcakes for 2/3 of the total volume.
Cook at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Cupcakes are ready when the dough does not stick when it pierced with a toothpick.